Holy Trinity Catholic Parish is seeking its first new school principal in 16 years. In many ways, our school is at a turning point in its 153-year history. We need a servant-leader with vision and zeal to help guide the school in serving a unique community where fields and orchards meet the city. Perched among the ridges just a mile from bustling Alpine Avenue, Holy Trinity serves both rural and urban families in a culture marked by humility and generosity.
The school is blessed by a supportive parish, an ample endowment fund and a dedicated faculty. Seasoned professionals and first-year teachers work collaboratively, blending traditional and innovative teaching methods with fresh technology to help all students seek and fulfill God’s plan for their learning and life.
With the mission to “know, love and serve God in all that we do,” the school draws students from as far north as Newaygo and south as Kentwood. New houses will soon be built in our neighborhood, and Holy Trinity is eager to welcome new families.
Job Begins: Spring/Summer of 2024, as available
Enrollment: Approximately 115 students
Grade Levels: Preschool through 8th Grade with before and after-school child care
- Master’s degree in educational leadership or administration with state of Michigan administrator certification or a master’s degree in education with a willingness to obtain administrator certification in the state of Michigan within three years.
- The candidate must have a current Continuing, Life, Permanent, Professional, Provisional, or Standard Teaching Certificate for the State of Michigan at the level of administration for which the candidate is applying
- A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
- Understands the structures, tenets and institutions of the Roman Catholic Church
- Desire to collaborate with the pastor in fostering the faith life of the community in embracing Jesus Christ in the Roman Catholic tradition.
- A life-long learner willing to obtain Advanced Catechist certification within five years
- Final approval of the candidate by the Superintendent
- Welcoming and personable
- Strategic vision and planning
- Ability to engage the community in vision
- Collaborative team builder
- Excellent communication
- Curricular and co-curricular leadership
- Operational organization and problem solving
- Responsive decision making
- Ability to call people to prayer
- School faith community leadership
- Instructional leadership
- Student affairs
- Personnel leadership
- Business affairs
- Development/institutional advancement
- Board relations
- External affairs
Accountability: Hired by the Pastor in consideration of the Board’s recommendation and with the approval of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools; Reports to the Pastor and is evaluated by the Pastor or his designee (Board Chair) according to the process established by the Superintendent of Catholic Schools. Accountable to the School Board for the areas of responsibility delegated to the Board by the Pastor and the Diocese. Accountable to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools in certain matters where diocesan policy and direction are concerned.
Salary: Competitive within the Catholic school market
Send PDF, including:
- Detailed cover letter
- Completed Employment Application Form
Alternatively, you may mail an application packet to:
Principal Search Committee
Fr. Chris Rouech
Holy Trinity Catholic Parish
1200 Alpine Church Rd. NW
Comstock Park, MI 49321
Apply by: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.