As Catholics, we are called to cherish, defend, and protect those who are most vulnerable, from the beginning of life to its end, and at every point in between. During October, the Church in the United States celebrates Respect Life Month a time in which we’re invited to reflect more deeply on the dignity of every human life. The first Sunday of October (Oct. 6 this year) is observed as Respect Life Sunday. This year’s Respect Life theme is “Christ Our Hope: In Every Season of Life.”
Events around the diocese and beyond:
- Sign up for Vigil Hours for 40 Days for Life, Sept. 25- Nov. 3. Check with your parish pro-life coordinator, or click here.)
- Mass for God’s Children, Nov. 11, 7 p.m. at the Cathedral of Saint Andrew. (Additional details)
- The diocesan Respect Life office invites parents who have experienced the loss of a child before baptism to a Mass for God’s Children. All are welcome to attend this Mass, including parents, grandparents, siblings, relatives and friends. A reception will follow. Contact Stephanie Grey at 616-288-0908 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High schoolers, attend the 2020 March for Life in D.C.
- Mass for Life with Bishop Walkowiak – Jan. 22, 2020, 7 p.m. at the Cathedral of Saint Andrew (Details)
- End Dismemberment Abortion: If you’re a registered Michigan voter, learn how you can sign the petition.
Respect Life Ministry resources (in the Diocese of Grand Rapids)
Connect with the Respect Life Ministry office & activities on Facebook
USCCB: News release: Chairman of U.S. bishops’ Pro-Life celebrates launch of Respect Life Month (Sept. 26) |
Respect Life Program resources | Browse materials published in previous years