SAINT THOMAS THE APOSTLE CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Position Description and Posting
Preschool 3 year old Teacher
Mission: A Dynamic Catholic Education Centered in Christ
Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic School faculty members embrace the richness of our team’s gifts and talents and recognize each member’s area of responsibility and expertise. As members of a Christ-centered community, we strive to keep Christ at the center of all we do.
Saint Thomas the Apostle is seeking a faith-filled part time 3 year old Preschool Teacher beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. This position requires six hours of teaching time. Our P3 program runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am-11:00am.
We are prayerfully seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable teacher for our preschool program. This teacher will work to create and maintain a Catholic, child-centered, safe and loving environment for our young disciples. This position is supported by the program director and includes a parapro in each class. This position follows the regular school schedule and calendar.
General duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Engage children in developmentally appropriate activities.
• Provide individual, small group, and whole group instruction.
• Coordinate and collaborate with coworkers.
• Ensure licensing procedures are followed.
•Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interest and learning styles of children.
•Track children’s progress and report to parents.
• Help build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities.
• At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
• Maintain confidentiality of information, display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
• Practicing Catholic living in accordance with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
• Ability to form caring relationships with students and families and strengthen the partnership between home and school
• Excellent communication skills
• Desire to continuously grow in professional skill and knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in child development or early childhood education with specialization in preschool teaching OR a bachelor’s degree in early childhood and a ZA Endorsement on Michigan Teaching Certificate OR a valid Michigan teaching certificate with a CDA
• Experience working with children.
• An ability to work on and be a contributor to a highly professional team of teachers
• Virtus trained or willing to be Virtus trained prior to start date.
• CPR/First Aid trained or willing to be trained required.
Send resume and cover letter, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to:
Melissa Fischer at [email protected]