When families choose our preschool program, they are enrolling their child in a welcoming individualized nurturing environment centered in God and in service to others. We are a state licensed Child Care program that focuses on the individual needs of each child. Our Saint Joseph campus is seeking a short term maternity leave in our 4 year old Preschool room. This room is licensed for up to 20 students with an assistant teacher in the classroom.
The goal of a Divine Providence Academy teacher is to provide a safe and secure learning environment for families and children. The teacher will work in a collaborative environment to support children as learners and foster independence to get them ready socially and academically for Kindergarten
Qualifications for Teachers
- Child Development credential or associate degree, or willingness to enroll in CDA program is a plus
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Co-teach with one other teacher in the classroom
- Collaborate on lesson plans and instructional material and provide appropriate hands-on activities to meet the needs of each pupil.
- Complete monthly trainings to comply with Child Care Licensing requirements
- Communicate regularly with parents by means of emails, notes, phone calls, and in person during pick up and drop off.
- Administer the Ages and Stages Questionnaire when scheduled to ensure milestones are being met.
- Create an environment for learning both indoors and outdoors for all students.
Position starts March 25th and ends around May 31st 2024.
Please send resume, letter of introduction, and a diocesan employment application to:
Kristin Hoyle, Early Childhood Director at Divine Providence Academy
P: (616) 899-5300
C: (616) 862-4626
A: 18768 8th Ave Conklin MI 49403