St. Patrick – St. Anthony Parish, Grand Haven, was established in 1857. Our Congregation totals 1,548 households and it is well known for its services to the larger community. Our parish offers broad and diverse opportunities for Faith Formation, spiritual growth, and sacraments through acts of service. In living our mission, we are committed to outreach by serving the poor and marginalized in the broader community.
The Migrant Camp Ministry is one of numerous outreach ministries provided by St. Patrick – St. Anthony Parish. During the months of May through September, we minister to 13 camps in Ottawa County consisting of approximately 600 workers and family members; we provide food, coordinate Masses onsite, and identify sacramental needs. Our ministry provides both spiritual and temporal support to these families, such as spiritual growth, formation, and sacraments as well as basic needs including food and clothing.
General Description: The position is responsible for ministering to migrant families through visits, providing food from our pantries, and helping to promote and coordinate onsite Masses.
1. Visit work camps in evenings and weekends to foster relationships with worker families.
2. Organize and deliver food baskets, clothing, and household items as needed.
3. Coordinate and promote on-site Masses with the diocese and visiting priest.
4. Refer sacramental and pastoral needs to appropriate persons.
1. Ability to perform outlined tasks with minimal supervision.
2. Fluent in Spanish.
3. Ability to work with a variety of constituents including children.
4. Qualified or able to become qualified with all Diocesan personnel requirements.
1. Position may require lifting of 30 lbs.
2. Work hours will vary in the evenings and some weekends.
3. Most of the work will be outdoors.
4. Able to drive the parish van that is used as needed.
This part-time, seasonal position reports to both the Pastor and the Parish Administrator.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].