St. Paul the Apostle Parish & School are seeking to fill the position of lead custodian.
The position of lead custodian is a full-time position which serves as a support and service for St. Paul the Apostle Parish and School. The lead custodian is responsible to perform and maintain cleanliness in our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. The custodian must be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
Regular hours are Monday-Friday, 10AM-6PM
- Previous custodial and grounds experience preferred
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing maintenance tasks
- Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
- Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies
The Lead Custodian is responsible to the Director of Facilities.
- Performs general, routine custodial duties to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal
- Cleans and restocks school restrooms
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements
- May provide vendors with access to areas for cleaning and may answer basic questions. May report issues with vendors to the Director of Facilities.
- May assist or perform snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Benefits include Medical, Life Insurance, Retirement, Holidays and Paid Time Off.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a completed Diocese of Grand Rapids Employment Application to:
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church
Brent Kanitz, Director of Facilities at [email protected]