St. John Vianney School Director of Preschool and Childcare
At St. John Vianney, we educate compassionate, knowledgeable students to follow the path of Jesus Christ. Located in Wyoming, Michigan, SJV is a diverse, supportive, faith-filled community near southwest Grand Rapids.
We seek to hire a qualified, joyful, mission-centered Director for our highly-rated Preschool and Childcare program. You will lead staff, direct daily operations, maintain strong programming, and help our youngest students grow in a positive, Catholic learning environment.
We are looking for an individual with experience in managing a successful preschool program, who loves children, who thrives in a collaborative, growth-oriented environment, and who promotes strong relationships. This position requires the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, supported by a dedicated preschool team and school principal, and to do so with a friendly demeanor that creates a positive and supportive environment for our children, our families, and our staff.
- Programming and Curriculum – maintain high-quality, licensed programs that support children’s growth in all ways in a faith-based environment.
- Financial Management – create and manage a fiscally responsible budget that ensures the program remains profitable.
- Staffing and Professional Development – hire, lead, coach, and evaluate staff.
- Community and Communication – communicate regularly with parents, promote SJV programs, and support strong relationships between home and school.
- Enrollment – recruit and enroll children and families that contribute to an engaged, involved SJV school community.
- Other administrative duties
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education preferred
- CDA or high school diploma with 18 semester hours in Early Childhood Education will be considered
- Experience in early childhood field and managing personnel preferred
- Licensure required
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Positive, friendly disposition
- Willingness to work year-round
- Practicing Catholic
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; full benefits available.
Want to lead and work in a caring, encouraging environment where you’d want your children to learn and grow? Send your application, resume, and cover letter to: Linda Olejnik, Principal, St. John Vianney School at [email protected].