Position Title : Director of Development with St. Luke University Parish
Reports To: Pastor
Effective Date: Immediately
BROAD STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead and manage the direction, planning and execution of fundraising and development activities for the parish/Catholic campus ministry of GVSU. This position facilitates the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospects for major, planned, and recurring gifts. This role is responsible for planning and implementing fundraising strategies that include the annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, capital campaigns, grant applications, and corporate fundraising.
- Prepare annual plans for all development activities.
- Develop and maintain 3-5 year plan for the development program (updated annually)
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the fund development program.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and close gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective donors and benefactors who can support the organization.
- Make calls on a daily basis to potential and current donors to cultivate relationships.
- Conduct face to face visits on a weekly basis with potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation, or Stewardship meetings.
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement for all benefactors.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Pastor.
- Plan and supervise direct mail, special events, and other solicitation activities as needed.
- Write appeal letters, newsletters, Grant applications, and other mailings.
- Plan and supervise the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures, and other marketing materials in support of the organization.
- Manage and update online donor base regularly.
- Execute special events for the parish.
- Perform additional duties assigned by the director to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
Attend monthly finance meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Church, with an active prayer life
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, timetables, and formulating action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to be flexible, work independently on various projects within stated deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills to work with staff, students, donors, potential donors, volunteers, and vendors.
- Knowledge of Flocknote, ability to use a fundraising database software
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in related field preferred
- One or more years of experience in fundraising or development required
- Some experience on a fundraising team or in sales preferred
Please email applications to [email protected], with a resume, cover letter (addressed to Father Rob Mulderink), and two professional references.