1. Appropriate degree in a professional area that will support the listed job responsibilities from an accredited college or university. BA (required), MA (a plus)
2. Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
3. Experience working with boards, committees, and volunteers.
4. Ability to operate with high standards of trust, confidentiality, integrity and professionalism.
5. Knowledge of private sector resources in the metropolitan Grand Rapids area.
6. Computer literate.
7. Supports the philosophy of the Franciscan Life Center Network
Report to: Director of the Center
Broad Goal: Responsible for initiating, promoting and implementing a development program aimed at generating significant funds from a broad sector of private sources, (including individuals, foundations and corporations) in support of programs, annual appeal and endowment fund of the Franciscan Life Process Center.
1. In conjunction with appropriate consultants and designated Sisters, establishes a comprehensive development plan that could include: annual giving, major gifts for the endowment fund, a monthly giving program, grant applications and planned giving.
2. Ensure the Advisory Board is appraised and engaged in Development to increase effectiveness.
3. Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
4. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
5. Understands, supports and promotes the Center’s mission and organizational plan.
6. Oversee staff responsible for data collection and entry as well as gift processing with appropriate acknowledgement/recognition to donors. Enhance donor database statistics.
7. Develop a healthy, working relationship with public promotion efforts to guide and encourage synergy between Development and overall communications effort.
8. Outlines strategy and engages Center staff members to their key responsibilities in the Development effort.
Terms of Employment: Part-time: 20-25 hours a week.
Evaluation: Performance in this position will be evaluated by the Director of the Center within three months of employment and then annually, one week before the anniversary of the date of hire.
If interested, please contact:
Sister Colleen Ann Nagle, F.S.E., Director
11650 Downes St. NE
Lowell, MI 49331
|Job Category||Affiliated Ministries and Organizations|