After School Teacher Job Description
We are looking for an individual to work in our Aftercare program from 2-6pm at St. Joseph’s.
When families choose our Little Wings Infant and Toddler program, they are enrolling their child in a
welcoming individualized nurturing environment centered in God and in service to others. We are a
state licensed Child Care program that focuses on the individual needs of each child. We accept all
students from surrounding school districts to enroll in our After care program.
The goal of a Divine Providence Academy teacher is to provide a safe and secure learning
environment for families and children. The teacher will work in a collaborative environment to support
children as learners and foster independence to get them ready socially and academically for
Qualifications for Teachers
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Co-teach with other teachers in the classroom
- Collaborate on lesson plans and instructional material and provide appropriate hands-on
activities to meet the needs of each pupil
- Complete monthly trainings to comply with Child Care Licensing requirements
- Communicate regularly with parents by means of emails, notes, phone calls, and in person
- Create an environment for learning both indoors and outdoors for all students.
Please send resume, letter of introduction, and a diocesan employment application to:
Early Childhood Director
Divine Providence Academy
C: (616) 862-4626
E: [email protected]