Catholic Central High School, Grand Rapids, MI
Catholic Central High School in Grand Rapids, Michigan is seeking qualified candidates for an
Advancement Intern. A small stipend is available for this internship. Specific hours, start and end
dates are flexible and to be determined between the student intern and supervisor(s).
About Catholic Central High School:
Catholic Central High School is rich in both history and tradition. Founded in 1906 by Bishop
Henry Richter and the Dominican Sisters, it is the oldest Catholic, coeducational, diocesan high
school in the United States. It draws and benefits from a culturally diverse student body of 580
students, grades 9-12. Since being established, over 20,000 students have graduated from
Catholic Central, many of whom still serve our community today.
The Catholic Central Advancement Intern works as part of the Advancement team to advance the
mission of Catholic Central by fundraising for the school, building community, and stewarding
donors, parents, and alumni. The student intern will assist with the planning and execution of
fundraising, alumni, and parent events, and will provide support for Annual Fund initiatives.
The Advancement Intern will assist with:
- Planning and execution of fundraising and stewarding events and initiatives
- Managing volunteers
- Creating and implementing promotional strategies and communications plans for events
- Writing event itineraries, agendas, and volunteer job descriptions
- Creating and maintaining event budgets
- Providing support at fundraising and friendraising events as determined by Events
- Procuring auction items
- Database maintenance including, but not limited to, student and alumni updates, data
pertaining to fundraising appeals, and documentation of constituency groups such as
professional associations, the alumni association, etc.
- Drafting written copy for the annual fund, including (but not limited to)
acknowledgement letters and appeal letters
- Understanding and supporting the mission of Catholic Central High School.
- Experience with creating and maintaining spreadsheets, developing communications
materials, managing projects, and providing outstanding customer service.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products and Google Suite.
- Background in nonprofit management or event planning is a plus.
To Apply: Qualified candidates interested in joining the Catholic Central community should submit a
resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director of Advancement
Catholic Central High School
319 Sheldon Blvd. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Email: [email protected]
Review of applicants will begin immediately.