The Diocese of Grand Rapids Catholic Cemeteries is seeking candidates for an administrative assistant position for its Resurrection Cemetery office.
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Employee is expected to be courteous and have a professional demeanor towards all people they interact with.
- Meet with grieving families in the planning of a burial.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Receive and direct visitors and clients.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system. High level of accuracy expected.
- Retrieve documents from filing system.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments for managers or supervisors.
- Open, sort and distribute to appropriate location incoming correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintain records for petty cash and perform regular balancing of funds with Managing Director or person designated by Managing Director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed by the Managing Director.
- Assist grounds personnel in locating grave locations for burials, entombments, inurnments, repair of any item associated with these locations (i.e. vases, markers, landscape, etc.). High level of accuracy expected.
- Contact with Funeral Homes to complete interment paperwork and information in order to schedule a burial. High level of accuracy.
- Schedule burials by placing pertinent information on calendars for Sexton prior to burial taking place.
- Maintaining accurate records and spread sheets.
Education and Experience
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Must be able to read and speak English.
- Communication skills-written and verbal.
- Planning and organizing.
- Problem assessment and problem solving.
- Information gathering and information monitoring.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer service orientation.
Email resume to [email protected].