Mercy Health – West Michigan is looking for two Spiritual Care Managers for their Muskegon and Grand Rapids campuses.
They will provide:
- Daily management and operational direction for the Spiritual Care Department
- Accountable for day to day management of mission-driven Spiritual Care operations
- Developing, monitoring, and improving core operational goals and processes around standards of care that contribute to and strengthen patient satisfaction and colleague engagement;
- Recruiting, onboarding, engaging and evaluating chaplains and associated staff
- Building strong relationships with health system entities to promote the development of Spiritual Care in an inter professional care team environment;
- Working with Spiritual Care staff to develop relationships with area clergy, specifically with Catholic priests; policy development, compliance, and revision; and payroll and budget management.
- Works as a player-coach with chaplains in the direct provision of spiritual care services; the manager is expected to spend approximately 50% of his/her time in direct patient care.
- Master’s degree in theology (e.g., MA in Pastoral Care or M.Div.) or equivalent required; working knowledge of Catholic theology.
- Certification as a Chaplain with the APC, NACC, NAJC or other recognized chaplain certification body (consideration will be given to applicants who will be eligible to sit for certification within 12 months of date of hire).
- 1-2 years of operations management or leadership experience in a health care setting.
- 1-2 years of experience/employment as a professional chaplain.
- Additional education or training in healthcare administration, servant leadership, general management, process excellence/LEAN.