West Catholic High School, Grand Rapids
Social Studies Teacher
West Catholic High School is looking for a full-time, Michigan certified Social Studies teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The following are characteristics of an ideal candidate:
• Preference for a 6-12 grade certifications in Social Studies (RX) , Social Science (CX), or certification to teach in two subjects, one of which is History.
• Willing to instruct Advanced Placement courses
• Understands and incorporates the Catholic Faith into lessons and the classroom setting
• Exhibits a passion for reading(original documents), writing, and hands-on learning
• Champions student growth in a Catholic school environment
• Demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning
• Excitement to work in a collaborative environment
• Proficient with the usage and integration of technology
About West Catholic High School:
West Catholic High School is a Grand Rapids Diocesan school located in Grand Rapids. Its campus sits on 42 acres. Established in 1962, it is a co-educational college preparatory institution providing a dynamic Catholic culture for excellent academic instruction, faith formation, and many and varied extracurricular activities. Current enrollment: 478 students.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a resume, letter of introduction, college transcripts, and two professional references, along with a diocesan employment application located here,to:
West Catholic High School
Deadline: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.