San Juan Diego Academy is looking for a bilingual School Secretary for the 2019-2020 School Year. This is a full-time position. The Administrative Assistant is a practicing Catholic who fully adheres to the teachings of the Church and is excited to serve the mission of San Juan Diego Academy. A successful candidate must be outgoing, detail-oriented, thorough, and discrete. The position will involve creating and maintaining organizational systems as well as managing, scheduling, and communicating on behalf of the school. Because the Administrative Assistant serves as the initial contact of the school, all duties must be performed cheerfully, reliably, punctually, and with utmost discretion. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, position is available to be filled immediately.
I. Candidates must meet the following qualifications and desired skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must meet the Diocese of Grand Rapids’ requirements for VIRTUS – Protecting God’s Children and background check
• Bilingual: Must be fluent in both English and Spanish, and have excellent reading and writing skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Possesses excellent organizational skills
• Willingness to jump in and do what needs to be done such as assisting in classrooms, lunch and recess duty.
II. Major Duties
• Maintain communications with school families, staff, visitors and other stake-holders through weekly newsletters, email and phone conversations.
• Assist Principal in the management of daily and long-term school activities.
• Manage supplies and school office equipment
• Maintain daily attendance and school records
• Maintain Google Calendar for school events; proficient in Google, Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.
• Able to translate (Spanish and English) school communication and school documents as needed.
• Current certification in child and Adult CPR and First Aid
• Blood Borne Pathogens training
• Knowledge of Infinite Campus
• Knowledge of MCIR Immunization Records, MCIR Direct Certification and MEGS
Please send electronic letters of interest and resumes, along with a diocesan employment application found here, to:
San Juan Diego Academy
Rosa Fraga, Principal