Our Lady of Victory, a Catholic, co-educational accredited parish school located in Northville, Michigan (www.olvnorthville.org) is seeking a committed Catholic educator to serve as principal. The school was founded in 1952 and currently serves over 460 students in grades Preschool through Eight. The principal reports to the pastor of the Our Lady of Victory Parish.
The principal will be a practicing Catholic whose faith is visible and inspiring in daily life and work. He or she will be a collaborative leader with an accessible and approachable style that demonstrates a willingness to listen to new ideas while offering creative solutions and strong leadership to challenges. The successful candidate will be a coalition builder who creates an inclusive environment that is conducive to sincere and open communication.
The principal must also demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to Catholic Identity and an ongoing understanding of the ministries and spirituality of the OLV parish community
- Ability to articulate an educational vision that incorporates the best aspects of Catholic education; including maintaining a high level of academic excellence rooted in the truths of our Catholic faith
- Ability to establish, manage and evaluate effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values, and goals of the school including instructional programs, professional development, extracurricular activities, discipline, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations and emergency procedures
- Experience and expertise in effective coaching, mentoring and evaluation of staff
- Thorough knowledge of current educational issues
- Understanding of elementary/middle school curriculum development, instruction and student assessment procedures
- Ability to establish procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials and equipment
- Experience with various leadership strategies in working with parents, councils, committees and alumni
- Ability to partner with parents to ensure that students achieve success intellectually, spiritually, physically and socially
- Knowledge and understanding of finances, including evaluating and managing the annual school budget
- Ability to establish and conduct a public relations and marketing program, including development of marketing materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Commitment to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development through reading, retreats, classes, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Attend required school, parish and Archdiocese of Detroit meetings
- Be a practicing Catholic who is able to provide a letter of recommendation from the parish pastor
- Hold a Master’s Degree or higher from an approved program in Educational Administration offered by an institute of higher education (IHE)
- Meet Administrator Certification requirements as established by the State of Michigan, including documented continuing education
- Hold currently valid Michigan teacher certification
- Hold Catechist Formation Certification as directed by the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Schools (certification from another diocese will be reviewed during the application process)
- Be able to provide evidence of three years of successful teaching experience
- Be able to meet any other local requirements pertinent to the available administrative position
The Archdiocese of Detroit is an equal opportunity employer that does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital or other legally protected status.
The position is available July 1, 2019
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 25, 2019.