Ludington Area Catholic School/St. Simon Parish
Announces an Exciting Leadership Position:
Position: School Principal
Job Begins: 2020/2021 School Year
Enrollment: Approximately 100 students
Grade Levels: Pre-School thru Middle School
Demographics: Ludington is a vibrant and diverse community of approximately 10,000 people, situated on the shores of Lake Michigan (reputed to having some of the best beaches on the Great Lakes!) It is a safe, economically diverse community, that is also a haven for vacationers and retirees.
School Culture: Ludington Area Catholic School (LAC) has a proud history of more than 125 years with strong family involvement. The teaching staff is excellent and very committed to Catholic education as ministry, some having taught here for over 20 years. Parent involvement is high and there is a great desire and commitment on the part of the parish to support a vibrant school ministry for the good of the parish and the wider community. Our students are provided opportunities to develop their relationship with God, enhance their unique talents, and strive for academic excellence in a safe environment. LAC is a school family with a history of academic excellence; service within the community; top rankings in local, state and national competitions; and graduates attending prestigious universities like the University of Michigan and Notre Dame. The school is well-respected and valued within the Ludington area.
1. Master’s degree in educational leadership or administration with state of Michigan administrator certification or a master’s degree in education with a willingness to obtain administrator certification in the state of Michigan within three years.
2. The candidate must have a current Continuing, Life, Permanent, Professional, Provisional, or Standard Teaching Certificate for the State of Michigan at the level of administration for which the candidate is applying
3. A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
4. Understands the structures, tenets and institutions of the Catholic Church
5. Willingness to obtain Advanced Catechist certification within five years
6. Final approval of the candidate by the Superintendent
1. Desire to foster the faith life of the community and advance the mission of the Church
2. Welcoming and personable
3. Strategic vision and planning
4. Ability to engage the community in vision
5. Collaborative team builder
6. Excellent communication
7. Curricular and co-curricular leadership
8. Operational organization and problem solving
9. Responsive decision making
1. School faith community leadership
2. Instructional leadership
3. Student affairs
4. Personnel leadership
5. Business affairs
6. Development/Institutional Advancement
7. Board Relations
8. External affairs
Accountability: Hired by the Pastor in consideration of the Board’s recommendation and with the approval of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools; Reports to the Pastor and is evaluated by the Pastor or his designee (Board Chair) according to the process established by the Superintendent of Catholic Schools. Accountable to the School Board for the areas of responsibility delegated to the Board by the Pastor and the Diocese. Accountable to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools in certain matters where diocesan policy and direction are concerned.
Salary: Competitive within the Catholic school market
Apply to: Ludington Area Catholic School
Attn: Rev. Wayne B. Wheeler, Jr.
702 East Bryant Road
Ludington, Michigan 49431
Phone: (231) 843-8606
Apply by: Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply with: Please attach a detailed letter of application with a resume. Complete and return the application form located here,