Corpus Christi Catholic School Announces an Inspirational, Collaborative Leadership Role
Position: School Principal
Job Begins: 2019-2020 School Year
Enrollment: Approximately 180 students
Grade Levels: Pre-K – 8
Demographics: The Holland/Zeeland Catholic community is a vibrant, culturally rich, faith-filled community that is made up of two parishes and a co-supported school. Located in West Michigan, along the shore of Lake Michigan and bordering Lake Macatawa, we are approximately 30 minutes from Grand Rapids.
School Culture: The Holland/Zeeland community has a strong Dutch heritage, and yet, approximately 43% of our students come from homes where Spanish, Vietnamese, Tamil, or Marathi is the first, and sometimes the only language. This combination, along with students who come here from all over the United States, creates a dynamic and lively atmosphere where we learn from each other and benefit from a more global and culturally diverse perspective.
We are searching for an individual who seeks to be the leader of a school community that prides itself on providing a top-rated education, surrounded by the practices of our faith and the teachings of our Lord. The dynamic individual that we seek to fill this role would be first and foremost a practicing Catholic, deeply rooted in their faith.
Equally important, this individual will be passionate about creating a great educational environment for our pre-K — 8 students, and will be committed to creating a dynamic school that has a positive impact on the two parishes that support it. Our principal will support and further develop our culture of inclusion, where every child feels welcomed and valued, and as a result is able to learn and reach their individual potential.
We seek an individual who is both inspirational and collaborative, who leverages excellent communication skills to work with the parishes, the school faculty and staff, and most important, the students and their parents. This leader would be a problem solver, able to span the inherent cultural and structural gaps between the two parishes and their shared school.
Our principal will also be a key contributor to the growth of CCCS, both in enrollment, and also in the influence on our parishes and in the community. Our school mission statement, Corpus Christi Catholic School welcomes all children; enriches their knowledge, nurtures their faith, and builds their character a Catholic Christian environment, calls us to partner with families who seek a Catholic education for their children. And as our school’s name, Corpus Christi, states, we are “One Body in Christ” bringing the knowledge of our Savior and his universal church to the Holland/Zeeland, Michigan area.
1. Master’s degree in educational leadership or administration with State of Michigan administrator certification or a master’s degree in education with a willingness to obtain administrator certification in the state of Michigan within three years.
2. The candidate must have a current Continuing, Life, Permanent, Professional, Provisional, or Standard Teaching Certificate for the State of Michigan at the level of administration for which the candidate is applying
3. A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
4. Understands the structures, tenets and institutions of the Catholic Church
5. Willingness to obtain Advanced Catechist certification within five years
6. Strong preference for bi-lingual (English and Spanish) candidate, with fluency in at least spoken Spanish
7. Final approval of the candidate by the Superintendent
1. Desire to foster the faith life of the community and advance the mission of the Church
2. Ability to develop and/or shape strategic vision
3. Ability to communicate the vision, and to engage the community
4. Strong Interpersonal Skills, including excellent communication skills, preferably in both English and Spanish
5. Collaborative team builder — across faculty, staff, parents, boards, donors, and parishes
6. Experience in leading change. Ability to motivate and influence diverse audiences.
7. Curricular and co-curricular leadership knowledge and experience
8. Solid operational administrative and management skills, including planning and delegation experience
9. Strong problem solving skills, with sound decision making practices
10.Life-long learner with a deep curiosity and willingness to embrace change and the new
11.Multi-cultural experience a strong plus
1. School Faith Community Leadership
2. Instructional Leadership
3. Student Affairs
4. Faculty and Staff Leadership
5. Business Management/Financial Management
6. Development/Institutional Advancement
7. Board Relations
8. Parish Liaison for School
9. External Community Relations
Accountability: Hired by the Pastors in consideration of the Board’s recommendation and with the approval of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools; Reports to the Pastors and is evaluated by the Pastors or their designee (Board Chair) according to the process established by the Superintendent of Catholic Schools. Accountable to the School Board for the areas of responsibility delegated to the Board by the Pastors and the Diocese. Accountable to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools in certain matters where diocesan policy and direction are concerned.
Corpus Christi uses the Diocese of Grand Rapids curriculum, recently updated in 2017. We are accredited through the Michigan Association of Nonpublic Schools.
Salary: Competitive within the Catholic school market
Apply to: Fr. Charles Brown
Pastor, St. Francis de Sales Parish
195 West 13th Street
Holland, MI 49423
Apply by: Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Apply with: Interested candidates please print, complete and submit an application form located here and send it, along with a resume.