The Parish Manager, under direction of the Pastor, assumes responsibility over the daily functioning of the parish as a whole, in particular of the parish office and church. In conjunction with the school administration, provides leadership in administration, human resources, temporalities and assists with some pastoral needs and financial operations. Oversees parish staff and volunteers and advises the pastor in the overall day-to-day business of the parish. Executive assistant to the Pastor.
This is a full-time position.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Practicing Roman-Catholic.
- Innovative thinking, mission driven, efficient organizer and collaborative personality.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, English or related fields.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and excellent staff management skills.
- Strong managerial skills, comfortable with delegating.
- High technological literacy and accuracy in communication.
- Ability to prioritize, execute, assign and delegate responsibilities according to vision and roles in a multi-tiered work environment and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong ability to execute and monitor key processes; accurately and timely report to interested parties.
- Good record keeping skills and high proficiency in all systems and all software needed for the efficient operation of the parish and school (including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, database systems).
- Willingness to learn and improve according to needs.
- Experience working with volunteers, churches or non-profits.
- Familiarity with best practices in human resources or willingness to learn.
- Ability to envision, plan and implement long and medium term strategies.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply please email or mail resume, cover letter and the diocesan employment form found here, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fr. Peter Damian
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church
2750 Burton St SE
Grand Rapids MI, 49546