Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist certified professional staff with students in the classroom as well as individually and in small groups to meet instructional goals and objectives. This is a part-time position at 19 hours per week for $10 an hour. Person must be willing to teach both in person and virtually for the school year 2020-2021.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Basic child development educational background or knowledge preferred.
• Willingness to work with and show respect for students with special needs.
• Able to work independently.
• Demonstrates communication skills, patience, and flexibility.
• Experience with special education students including EI, LD, and CI.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to follow teacher’s plan and direction, and communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assists and guides ESS students within K-8 classrooms to maximize learning.
• Work with students individually and in small groups to reinforce learning as well as implement individualized programming.
• Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
• Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
• Participates in ISP process and serves as a resource for the student personnel evaluation team as needed.
• Helps students with self-care skills
• Continues to help students grow in their faith
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to Courtney Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Educational Support Services (ESS) at Saint Thomas the Apostle School.