Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School, immersed in the teachings of the Catholic Church, is dedicated to providing excellent spiritual and academic formation in the development of well-rounded individuals centered in Christ. IHM is seeking a paraprofessional for 4th grade during the 2020-21 school year.
This paraprofessional (aide) will be under the direct supervision of a certified staff member and will assist with students in the classroom as well as individually and in small groups to meet instructional goals and objectives. This is a part-time position for 25 hours per week.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Basic child development educational background or knowledge preferred.
• Willingness to work with and show respect for students with special needs.
• Able to work independently and take direction.
• Demonstrates communication skills, patience, and flexibility.
• Experience with special education students.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to follow teacher’s plan and direction, and communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist and guides 4th grade students to maximize learning.
• Work with students individually and in small groups to reinforce learning as well as implement individualized programming.
• Assist with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
• Assist with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
• Help students and teacher with health and safety procedures in the classroom.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to Holly Lake, Principal of Immaculate Heart of Mary at email@example.com.