Middle School Science/Religion Teacher for the 2020/2021 School Year
Corpus Christi Catholic School welcomes all children, enriches their knowledge, nurtures their faith, and builds their character in a Catholic Christian environment. We are located on the north side of Holland, MI. We are seeking a Middle School Science/Religion teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
Our ideal candidate will meet the standard of highly qualified with a current Michigan teaching certificate and endorsement in science education. The candidate should be comfortable integrating technology into their instruction and building a culturally responsive learning environment grounded in the Catholic faith.
The successful candidates must be able to work collaboratively with the staff to carry out the mission of Corpus Christi Catholic School and able to integrate the doctrines of the Catholic faith into the curriculum.
• Valid Michigan teaching certificate with science certification, K-8 preferred
• Proficient with usage and integration of technology within the classroom setting
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Practicing Catholic, certified or willing to complete catechetical certification
• Knowledge of sacrament preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation
• Develop lesson plans that provide individualized and small group instruction
• Communicate regularly with parents outside normal classroom day
• Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere
• Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports
• Identify student needs
• Is available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day
• Bilingual (Spanish or Vietnamese) preferred
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to:
Corpus Christi Catholic School
Attention: Jennifer Liniewski
12100 Quincy St.
Holland, MI 49424