Middle School (6-8) Mathematics Teacher for the 2020/2021 School Year
Our ideal candidate will meet the standard of highly qualified with a current Michigan teaching certificate and endorsement in Math. The candidate should be comfortable integrating technology into their instruction. Teacher responsibilities include courses in 6th grade general math through Algebra.
The successful candidates must be able to work collaboratively with the staff to carry out the mission of Our Lady of Consolation School and able to integrate the doctrines of the Catholic faith into the curriculum.
• Valid Michigan teaching certificate (EX)
• Proficient with usage and integration of technology within the classroom setting
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Practicing Catholic, certified or willing to complete catechetical certification
• Develop lesson plans that provide individualized and small group instruction
• Communicate regularly with parents outside normal classroom day
• Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
• Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports.
• Identify student needs
• Is available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and references, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to:
Our Lady of Consolation School
Attention: Kevin Varner
4865 11 Mile Rd. NE
Rockford, MI 49341