Middle School Math Teacher
When Latino families choose San Juan Diego Academy, a K-8 Catholic school, they are enrolling their children in a safe, nurturing, family-like environment that places a strong emphasis on academic success and a college bound mindset. Along with maintaining high academic standards, we also place a high value on Catholic values and strong character development for all students.
The goal of San Juan Diego Academy teachers is to provide both a social and academic learning environment to build prior knowledge and to engage the
students in experiences which offer each learner the best possible opportunity for personal growth. The teacher will ensure the curriculum and environment support children as learners and foster independence. The teachers will also provide opportunities for the student’s self-reflection necessary for personal growth.
San Juan Diego Academy (SJDA) is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The qualified candidate will teach Math in grades 6-8 and grade 8 ELA and Religion. The Diocesean Curriculum Standards can be found here.
• Valid Michigan teaching certificate (EX)
• Proficient with usage and integration of technology within the classroom setting
• Bilingual Spanish preferred
• English as a Second Language (NS K-12) preferred
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Practicing Catholic, certified or willing to complete catechetical certification
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Develop lesson plans that provide individualized and small group instruction
• Provide developmentally appropriate learning experience
• Communicate regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, Remind Application.
• Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
• Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports.
• Identify pupil needs, make appropriate referrals and develop strategies for individual education plans.
• Is available to students and parents for educational-related purposes outside the instructional day.
• Create an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays and exhibits of student’s work.
Email Resume and Cover Letter, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to:
Kristina Martinez-Precious, Principal