St. Stephen Catholic School
Marketing and Admissions Director
This position is hired by and directly accountable to the school Principal. The marketing and communications director agrees to abide by the established policies and procedures of the Diocese of Grand Rapids as well as the policies and procedures of St. Stephen School. This position cooperates with the school administration in providing an environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
This is a 12-month contracted position, 16 hours per week.
General Responsibilities: The marketing and communications director is a liaison between new and prospective parents and St. Stephen. We are looking for someone who knows what it takes to build relationships, is a proactive and effective partner with all team members. As a key collaborator, this person knows how to unite and motivate various committees toward a common goal. The duties of the school marketing and communications director include but are not limited to:
• Establish and direct an enrollment management plan that addresses prospective parents (inquiry, materials, follow-up); current families (surveys, re-enrollment incentive programs, exit surveys); local community (parish programs, community outreach, baptismal records).
• Increase enrollment of new students and meet student retention goals.
• Organize school open houses and school tours.
• Organize parent welcoming meetings.
• Provide enrollment reports and information to administration on a regular basis.
• Maintain an accurate database of prospective families.
• Establish and direct a marketing plan
• Writes and submits press releases regularly to keep St. Stephen School news in front of the public.
• Creates and maintains the development of a media relations program that includes relationship building with online and traditional news sources.
• Oversees website administration. Works with IT consultants, parent volunteers and/or outside vendors to ensure the website is current and an effective means of communication. Regular updates of content, photos and videos are important.
• Responsible for the integrity of St. Stephen branding. Ensuring that brand is consistently adhered to and providing staff and committees with guidance on how to position the school. Oversees paid advertising.
• Oversees and establishes a presence on various social media sites including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• Practicing Catholic
• Understands and supports the mission and purpose of St. Stephen Catholic School
• Has 3-5 years of relevant sales and marketing experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field of study such as Marketing or Communications, or the equivalent work related experience.
• Has the ability to provide big picture strategic thinking, vision and insights to drive big ideas and initiatives.
• Possesses collaborative leadership skills that encourage team cooperation and motivate relationship-building.
• Is self-confident in oral, written, strategic and analytical abilities.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, database management, on on-line marketing modalities (Search engine optimization, social media marketing via Facebook, Twitter, etc., other mobile applications).
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours with possible evening and weekend meetings/activities.
Send introductory letter, resume, and credentials, along with a diocesan employment application located here to:
Cindy Thomas, Principal
St. Stephen School
740 Gladstone SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506