Perform general cleaning and maintenance duties to maintain parish and school buildings, walkways and grounds. Responsible for keeping all equipment in a clean and functional condition.
- Thoroughly cleans designated areas each day, including vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms and windows.
- Replenishes restroom supplies before and after church and school functions.
- Empties wastebaskets as needed.
- Replaces light bulbs as needed.
- Responsible for setting up and tearing down tables, chairs and equipment.
- Professionally interacts with vendors and mechanical trade representatives.
- Obtains supplies from our vendors as needed.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing repairs and other repairs as necessary.
- Clears snow and spreads salt at entrances and walkways.
- Maintains record of maintenance as required as well as updates and maintains records required by law and by our insurance provider
- Maintains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for materials used within the Parish and School.
- On call daily.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Reports work accomplished verbally or on written work order as required by Pastor.
- Uses hand tools and power tools to make minor maintenance repairs
- Provides assistance to staff and visitors as necessary.
- Checks building at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Previous custodian experience not required
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work occasionally in adverse weather conditions
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and complete verbal or written instructions
- Exercises courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the general public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of priority
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Punctuality is a must at all times.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of every task or responsibility.
This position is available immediately and compensation will be taken into account with work background and experience.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter by September 30, 2018 by mail or e-mail to:
St. Joseph Parish
PO Box 37
Pewamo, MI 48873