St. John Vianney School is seeking qualified applicants for a Lead Early Preschool and Childcare Teacher. We are looking for a warm, friendly teacher excited to work with Preschoolers and their families at St. John Vianney Preschool and Childcare.
• Lead 2.5- and 4-year-old Early Preschool and Childcare Teacher
• Maintains an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family.
• Creates and implements developmentally appropriate lesson plans for all children in the classroom that fit with the philosophy of SJV utilizing Creative Curriculum.
• Conducts developmental screenings and ongoing assessments of toddlers to determine motor, language, social, cognitive perceptual and emotional skills.
• Completes timely, neat, accurate documentation of screenings, assessments, and individualized plans using My Teaching Strategies.
• Maintains a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice, and models this attitude and voice for parents and others working or volunteering in the program.
• Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with other teachers, the center director, parents and volunteers in planning and implementing activities for the program/classroom.
• Utilizes disciplinary measures appropriately as outlined in the SJV Discipline Policies and Procedures.
• Protects all children from physical punishment or verbal abuse by anyone in any program activity, and immediately reports any such incident to the center director or person in charge.
• Provides for the physical safety of each child from arrival time until departure time.
• Observes children to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs, and reports these signs immediately to the center director or person in charge.
• Attends all training opportunities and staff meetings as provided and scheduled.
• Performs any other tasks deemed necessary by the center director.
• TB Test completed within 1 year of Hire
• Must have an active Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, an Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or child development; or a Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education, child development, or child-related field.
• Must be willing to complete 24 hours of Director-approved training hours annually.
• Complete background checks and fingerprinting.
• Have CPR/First Aid Certification and Blood borne Pathogens Training or be willing to become certified upon hire.
• Working hours would between 6:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday.
This position is a full-time hourly paid position at 40 hours per week. SJV offers an excellent benefits package. Hourly pay range is between $12.00 and $13.00 per hour.
Contact and what to submit:
Director, St. John Vianney Preschool and Childcare
4101 Clyde Park Ave
Wyoming, MI 49509
With Cover Letter and Resume, along with a diocesan application form located here.
Job Type: Full-time