St. Paul the Apostle School is seeking a Kindergarten teacher starting in August of 2019. St. Paul the Apostle is a strong Catholic Community that seeks to provide excellence in faith, spiritual, and academic development.
The ideal candidate will have strong management skills, knowledge of best teaching practices and working with staff, and parents in a faith-based community. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
General duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans for all children in the classroom that fit with the philosophy of St. Paul the Apostle
• Organizing each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity.
• Helps build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities.
• Demonstrate effective planning skills by aiding in the preparation of lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and incorporate school curriculum and objectives in lesson plans.
• Assist in the established and consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manager inappropriate behavior effectively.
• Help maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment
• At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
• Maintain confidentiality of information, display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
• Valid Michigan Elementary Teaching Certificate
• Knowledge of current Diocesan Standards
• Commitment to lifelong learning as demonstrated by attendance at seminars, in-services and training
• Must have or take Virtus – Protecting God’s Children Training
• Candidate should be Catholic and uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Please send electronic letters of interest and resumes, along with a diocesan application form located here, to:
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School
Michelle Morrow, Principal