West Catholic High School is looking for an Instructional Technology Specialist to provide technical support and training to all school personnel, programs and students to further the ongoing integration of technology and network systems aligned with the goals of the Catholic Secondary Schools in collaboration with the Office of Catholic Schools and the Diocese of Grand Rapids.
Technology Director, West Catholic High School
Instructional Technology Specialist Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a minimum of three years of classroom teaching experience
• In-depth knowledge of computer instructional applications and curriculum development
• Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills
• Ability to coach and train instructional and support staff
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public
• Knowledge of state and national educational standards
• Additional education certifications such as ISTE, Google, or Apple are preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Church, including familiarity with its structure, function, and institutions.
• Assists teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant and engaging learning experiences for all students.
• Collaborates with instructional staff in regards to effective use of technology tools and resources to systematically collect and analyze pertinent data, interpret results and communicate findings to improve instructional practice and maximize student learning.
• Coaches teachers in the use of online and blended learning, digital content, and collaborative learning networks to support and extend student learning, as well as, expand opportunities for online professional development for teachers and administrators.
• Introduces teachers to new technology integration methods, materials and instructional strategies that have proven to increase student achievement.
• Models effective use of technology tools to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of all staff and students.
• Collaborates with instructional and technology leaders to plan and lead the professional development of all staff.
• Provides timely individual support and training for daily instructional and product-related needs.
• Participates in the school improvement process through goal setting and implementation as well as data analysis for instructional improvement.
• Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with school-level and diocesan-level instructional supervisors to evaluate, select and implement technology enhanced learning experiences addressing content and technology standards.
• Identifies technology integration competencies among instructional staff, in collaboration with school administrators, and delivers appropriate coaching, training, and resources to support the professional growth of individuals.
• Evaluates the results of professional learning programs to determine the effectiveness on deepening teacher content knowledge, improving teacher pedagogical skills and/or increasing student learning.
• Models and promotes digital citizenship by facilitating safe, healthy, legal and ethical use of digital information and technologies.
• Communicates or presents pertinent technology information to students, parents, and stakeholders.
• Engages in continual learning to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in technology integration and current and emerging technologies necessary to implement the ISTE Standards-S (students) and ISTE Standards-T (teachers)
• Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
• Regularly evaluates and reflects on professional practice and interactions to improve and strengthen ability to effectively model and facilitate technology-enhanced learning experiences.
• Supports collaboration and communication among school and diocesan staff through the management of shared resources and electronic interaction venues.
• Coordinates with school and technical support staff for timely reporting of equipment needing repair or other support issues.
• Assists with ensuring the smooth and successful deployment of and training on new technologies.
• Assists with yearly 1:1 device rollout planning and execution.
• Supports and contributes to the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the Strategic Plan and the Educational Technology Plan.
• Participates in technology and instructional meetings, committees, and workgroups as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
About West Catholic High School:
West Catholic High School is a Grand Rapids Diocesan school located in Grand Rapids. Its campus sits on 42 acres. Established in 1962, it is a co-educational college preparatory institution providing a dynamic Catholic culture for excellent academic instruction, faith formation, and many and varied extracurricular activities. In its sixth year of growth, enrollment is over 510 students for the 2018 school year.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a resume, letter of introduction, college transcripts, and two professional references, along with an employment application found here, to:
West Catholic High School
Deadline: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.