St. Paul the Apostle School is seeking a Food Service Manager starting August of 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
● Training and knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
● Demonstrated ability to accomplish required work with minimal supervision.
● Must possess the capability to maintain accurate ordering and inventory records.
● Must be able to lift a minimum of 40lbs, have the ability to bend easily at the knees, and able to stand for extended periods of time in order to prepare and serve meals.
● Must have or take Virtus – Protecting God’s Children Training
Duties and Responsibilities: The Food Service Manager shall be responsible for food service related business and personnel management. He/she shall be responsible for supervising, coordinating and directing the work duties of all food service personnel, including the preparation and distribution of meals in the school. He/she shall make sure the school’s program and kitchen complies with local, state and federal agency requirements complete all required reports and operate the program in a businesslike manner.
1. Be aware of and comply with all food service and kitchen mandates.
2. Be responsible for the cleanliness and proper storage of all equipment and the proper handling, serving and storage of all foods.
3. Be responsible for the cleanliness of all kitchens.
4. Be responsible for keeping records and filing reports in connection with the school lunch program, as required by the school and state.
5. Oversee volunteers and food distribution for lunches and parish funerals.
6. Work with Food Service Director in the purchase of food commodities.
7. Coordinate the use of food service department facilities and/or equipment by staff or outside groups. 8. Perform any and all other duties prescribed by the District Administrator or Board.
Please send electronic letters of interest and resumes, along with a diocesan application form located here,, to:
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School Michelle Morrow, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org