The Grand Rapids Dominicans are seeking qualified candidates for an executive assistant position.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Perform general office administration tasks for Prioress and Council including but not limited to filing, copying, faxing, phone and email messaging, mail sorting, word processing and correspondence.
- Maintain Prioress and Council Outlook calendars including recurring meetings.
- Assist with planning and scheduling of meetings, including coordinating or setting up beverage service, room arrangements, providing driving directions, distributing documents, taking/typing/circulating minutes, typing others’ minutes.
- Attend meetings and take/transcribe minutes as assigned.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flight and airfare research and making travel requests to travel agent as needed.
- Initiate and process check requests, including cover letters and registration forms, if needed.
- Maintain calendar of charitable events, including event details; seek/log event participants and follow up with charitable organizations.
- Write/edit/proofread/finalize/mail executive correspondence and letters for Prioress and Council and create/maintain related name/address records if needed. Use mail merge as appropriate.
- Assist Sisters in provision of printed materials, answers to questions, access to Prioress and Council and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with content and timing of internal communications.
- Develop and maintain files, including official corporate civil and canonical records.
- Provide administrative support for annual and occasional projects as assigned, i.e., research and provide support to include processing legal forms needed for completion of legal guardianships and name changes; initiate and coordinate monthly and yearly updates to Congregational Directory; and file maintenance of Access database and accompanying monthly and annual reports
- Conduct internet research as assigned.
- Backup support for East Wing Office Manager.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: 5 to 10+ years of a proven track record and competency working as a high-level administrative professional.
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail and problem solving.
- Proactive and able to anticipate needs.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work with a diverse population including people who are elderly.
- Ability to represent the Congregation with high degree of professionalism in internal and external communications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive matters with the greatest discretion.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access and EventProplus general office technology.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com