Immaculate Heart of Mary School, immersed in the teachings of the Catholic Church, is dedicated to providing excellent spiritual and academic formation in the development of well-rounded individuals centered in Christ.
IHM is seeking an elementary teacher beginning in the 2020-2021 school year.
• Implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans for all children in the classroom that fit with the philosophy of Immaculate Heart of Mary
• Organizing each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group.
• Additionally, qualified applicants must be dependable, flexible, and able to maintain confidentiality.
General duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Helps build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities.
• Demonstrate effective planning skills by aiding in the preparation of lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and incorporate school curriculum and objectives in lesson plans.
• Organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
• Assist in the established and consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively.
• Help maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment
• At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
• Maintain confidentiality of information, display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
• Practicing Catholic living in accordance with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Proficient in written communication
• Expert in multitasking and problem solving
• Valid Michigan elementary teaching certificate
• An understanding of appropriate instructional strategies for elementary students
• Knowledge about utilizing and planning for effective instructional uses of technology
• Knowledge of current curriculum as outlined by the Catholic Diocese
• An ability to work on and be a contributor to a highly professional team of teachers
Send Resume and Cover Letter, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to:
Holly Lake, Principal
Grand Rapids, MI 49506