In partnership with family, parish, and the greater community, San Juan Diego Academy educates, mentors, and inspires Latino children to achieve academic excellence and live their Catholic faith. San Juan Diego Academy, a K-8 Catholic school established in 2010, is looking for our next Development Director. The school serves nearly 200 students in the Grand Rapids and Wyoming area.
We look forward to finding a client-service focused, inspirational leader, with a passion for fundraising, belief in our school’s mission, and willingness to “dream big” when it comes to our school and what we can accomplish. The ideal candidate is a seasoned and dynamic professional with a record of achievement in fundraising and team participation. The Development Director must be an innovator who can confidently engage prospects and drive a culture of philanthropy to leverage the community’s passion for San Juan Diego Academy’s mission into the resources necessary to achieve its goals.
What you’ll be doing:
• Lead and collaborate with the school’s Development Committee, with primary responsibility for new donor development and creation of new revenue streams
• Identify new prospects, acquire new donors and increase gift prospects to meet the current and long-term financial needs for San Juan Diego Academy
• Meet regularly with current donors to secure and enhance contributions
• Network in the Catholic community and across the greater Grand Rapids area to advance the mission of San Juan Diego Academy, as well as recruit new members to the Development Committee
• Lead, plan, and direct annual individual & foundation giving, corporate & sponsorship appeals including proposal development and grant writing
• Develop and deliver presentations about the mission and work of San Juan Diego Academy to Catholic parishes, businesses, foundations, colleges, universities, etc.
• Plan and lead fund development and mission advancement events
• Communicate with the community at large through newsletters, brochures, interacting with the media and utilizing social media
• Engage in coalition building with partner parishes in the Diocese of Grand Rapids
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, Fund Development or related field.
• Three (3) years of serving in a fund development capacity with a nonprofit
• Member of the Catholic faith
• Passionate about advancing Catholic education and community engagement
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience working with fund development software
• Ability to think creatively, develop plans, research and take responsibility for results
What we offer:
• This job has meaning. You’ll have direct impact on the community and your voice will be heard
• Medical Benefits
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off – School breaks, holidays and the entire month of July
How to apply: click here