The Diocese of Grand Rapids is seeking a full time Development Database Administrator to provide administration and oversight of the Diocese of Grand Rapids and Grand Rapids Catholic Secondary School’s development database, related business processes, and develop strategies for maximizing the capabilities of the software with an emphasis on efficient systems to deliver successful fundraising projects. Collaborate with and proactively support the efforts of the fundraising and communications teams of the Diocese, West Catholic High School and Catholic Central High School, and applies best practices for donor information management.
• Acts as primary development software “subject matter expert” to the school’s Advancement departments and implements training for all end users, utilizing both in-house training and vendor resources
• Oversees and collaborates with data entry staff to ensure the timely and accurate workflow of information into the development database, from hard copy through data entry, to data analysis and reporting
• Assist users with database questions and train them to use the support website and services
• Streamlines routine processes and ensures data requirements of the “frontline” Advancement officers and alumni directors are being met
• Maintains and enhances the data structure of attributes, code tables, business rules and all other set up functions. Train users where applicable.
• Creates required data imports, exports, and lists related to all fundraising programs through Individual Giving, Major Gifts, Corporate Sponsorships, Foundations, Planned Giving, Special Events and Membership
• Creates required data imports, exports, and lists related to all fundraising or constituent databases (Auction Maestro Pro, Wealth Engine, Infinite Campus, Greater Giving)
• Work with Communication and Development staff to implement NetCommunity/Greater Giving for fundraising events and registration, e-mail blasts, and newsletters.
• Ensures data-entry staff is cross-trained in critical database activities and procedures and provides implementation assistance and training for staff on the production of standard and ad hoc reports and lists as scheduled and requested
• Establishes and maintains system for end users to make report requests; works proactively to develop reports that meet the evolving needs of the end users
• Works with the Diocesan Director of Technology to manage internal components of all appeals and capital campaigns, including direct mail, phone programs, solicitations, prospect research and tracking. Collaborates in making global changes for appeals, actions, and naming standardization.
• Develops and maintains policy and procedures guide for development database operations, including documentation of all data entry; security; standard reports; queries; moves management, etc.
• Ensures the Advancement offices are compliant with IRS giving regulations, credit card processing mandates and internal policies
• In conjunction with Diocesan Director of Technology, maintains Raiser’s Edge Web applications for all diocesan and school Advancement sites.
• Works with Finance and Technology departments to ensure that all development database business processes comply with established procedures so that organization-wide database activities are well-coordinated and efficient
• Works with the Advancement teams and CSS Controller to provide data as related to the Catholic Secondary Schools and the Foundation for Catholic Secondary Education
• Coordinates software updates and new tool implementation with the Technology team
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years professional experience managing the operations of a Development Office and understanding the relationship to database management
• “Supervisor” level in Raiser’s Edge software with working knowledge of Crystal Reports software and strong overall data reporting and analysis ability including Query, Export, Dashboard, Raisers Edge Reports and Pivot reports preferred
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information and to handle multiple tasks with varying deadlines
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate and efficient with strong project management skills and strong verbal and written communications skills
• Promotes process improvement
• Proficiency in Word & Excel
• Basic nonprofit accounting skills
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: dogrhr@DioceseOfGrandRapids.org.