Saint Patrick School is looking to hire a qualified Child Care Director to manage our day-to-day operations and establish and sustain a positive Catholic learning environment for children in our child care programs (year-round care). You will oversee the coordination of the programs, manage billing, oversee and manage child and staffing schedules, manage and support a complement of daycare staff, and manage the center’s financial affairs.
The successful applicant will have to demonstrable experience in managing all aspects of a daycare center, as well as strong leadership skills. You should display a friendly demeanor, have a love for children, and strive to create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and staff.
• Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
• Ensure that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
• Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
• Manage and oversee before and after care (BAC), child care and summer care
• Manage and support care staff and promote their professional development.
• Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
• Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
• Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies as needed.
• Manage and oversee the budget and accounts and ensure that the center remains profitable.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education preferred
• CDA or High school diploma with 18 semester hours in Early Childhood Education will be considered
• Experience in early childhood field is preferred.
• Licensure is required.
• Comply with local, state, and federal laws governing child care.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
• Friendly and approachable demeanor.
• Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic at all times.
• Willing to work year round, 35-40 hours a week.
• Candidate must be Catholic and uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Salary Range – $28,000-$33,000 with Benefits, Tuition incentive included if applicable
Please send cover letter and resume, along with a diocesan employment application found here, to:
Scott Czarnopys – Principal