Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church is seeking a Business Manager.
Under supervision of the Pastor, the Business Manager works in collaboration with the staff, school and congregation to support the mission and ministries of Saint Thomas the Apostle Roman Catholic Church.
The Business Manager, the Parish Life Coordinator and the School Principal are the three direct reports to the Pastor. The Business Manager is directly responsible for managing the accounting, finances, facilities and IT of the church, school, and education foundation. The Business Manager also oversees the parish office staff. Together with the School Principal and the Parish Life Coordinator, the Business Manager also manages the human resource function, fundraising, internal and external communication, and strategic planning. The Business Manager works closely with the Parish Finance Council, School Board, and Education Foundation.
Occasional weekend and night work is required.
This position can include benefits.
B.A. or higher degree
● Practicing Catholic who is committed to the precepts of the Catholic faith
● Experience in accounting, financial management, and parish management
● Pastoral style in working with diverse personalities and opinions
● Strong listening, speaking, and writing skills
● Experience working with outside communication and social media
● Ability to collaborate, lead and manage staff and volunteers
● Strong integrity, honesty and confidentiality
● Proven initiative and decision-making experience
● Accounting and other software, spreadsheet, and database management skills
Note: This description is not intended to include all responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned, and existing duties may be adjusted at any time.
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter, along with a diocesan employment application located here, to Suzi Furtwangler at email@example.com by Friday, July 17.