West Catholic High School is looking for a full-time Athletic Director for the 2019-2020 school year. The ideal candidate will be a strong faith-filled leader capable of directing and coordinating all athletic activities for grades 9-12.
The ideal candidate will:
• Uphold and model a moral code which is consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the mission of the school
• Ensure that all athletic programs/activities reflect the Catholic mission of the school
• Collaborate with the Vice Principal in consultation with the Principal/CEO in the hiring, training, and supervision of all coaches at West Catholic
• Support academic policies and procedures as they relate to athletics
• Manage and work with the Principal/CEO to develop the athletic budget
• Collaborate with the Advancement/Development Team on campaigns related to athletics and avidly support other school campaigns/initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in education or business administration required. Master’s degree in administration or equivalent preferred
• Practicing Catholic
• Possesses strong written and oral communication
• Must have valid State of Michigan driver’s license
• Must attend appropriate Diocese of Grand Rapids training sessions and maintain annual certifications
• CPR/AED certified is preferred
• Basic understanding of Word, Excel, QuickBooks and Google suite of Apps for Education
• The Athletic Director is appointed by, reports to, and is accountable to the Vice Principal in consultation with the Principal/CEO.
• This position requires attendance at evening and weekend athletic events during the school year.
• General fundraising is a major component of this position.
About West Catholic High School:
West Catholic High School is a Grand Rapids Diocesan school located in the northwest corner of the City of Grand Rapids. Its sprawling campus sits on 42 acres, with many state-of-the-art, on-site athletic facilities. Established in 1962, it is a co-educational college preparatory institution providing dynamic, excellence-driven Catholic academic education, faith formation and many and varied extracurricular activities, including 14 boys and 14 girls sports. West Catholic was rated the 3rd best school in the state of Michigan for Athletics by Niche. Enrollment is approximately 500 students.
Interested candidates should submit via email a resume, letter of introduction, college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable), three professional references, along with a diocesan employment application found here, to: