Reports to: Director, Office of Pastoral Services
Hours & FLSA Status: 40 hours per week, non-exempt
BROAD STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide specialized administrative support to the Director of Pastoral Services.
Provide specialized administrative support to the Director of Worship.
Provide general administrative support to Office of Pastoral Services projects as needed.
Director of Pastoral Services Support
• Provides clerical and secretarial support to the Director of Pastoral Services
• Maintains the Office of Pastoral Services contact database of parish staff and volunteers
• Provides technical support for projects/ministries within Pastoral Services as needed
• Prepares and file documents for programs, presentations, retreats, etc.
• Provides general correspondence and communications
• Performs general administrative duties including taking messages, scheduling rooms, making copies, proof reading, etc.
• Facilitates communication with pastors, parish staff and program participants as needed
• Maintains appropriate database and prepare mailings/e-mailings
• Coordinates and attend meetings and take minutes as requested
• Assists with maintaining up-to-date website information
• Processes invoices and check requests
• Makes necessary purchases for meetings as needed
• Provides support to Respect Life Office by managing social media and website and communicating with parishes about relevant events and resources.
Office for Worship Support
• Maintains communication with parishes, clergy, and others regarding Cathedral liturgies, especially Rite of Election (RCIA), Confirmation, the Chrism Mass and Ordination
• Keeps Diocesan Communications Office abreast of events for web site postings, social media, etc. Maintains and updates Worship page of the Diocesan website.
• Manages music and periodical subscriptions.
• Maintains records and distributes certification cards for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
• Provides administrative support in preparation for liturgies at the Cathedral, especially Rite of Election, Confirmations, Chrism Mass and Ordination.
• Coordinates with parishes to provide liturgical ministers for diocesan liturgical events at the Cathedral of Saint Andrew.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
• Three to five years’ experience in secretarial or administrative assistant roles.
• Fluency in Spanish and English preferred.
• High competency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher), Internet navigation tools, SharePoint and other software applications.
• Ability to relate to a wide range of diverse cultures.
• Ability to work independently and with creative energy on a variety of projects in a prompt and timely manner.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaborative abilities.
• Knowledge of office equipment (i.e. telephone systems, scanners, copiers, postage meters, video/data projector, LCD projector, etc.).
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment with a professional and diplomatic demeanor with the ability to schedule and prioritize projects.
• Discretion required: must be able to process and maintain confidential information.
• Practicing Roman Catholic. A familiarity with the parishes of the diocese is desirable.
• Requires knowledge of the Catholic Church, including in-depth familiarity with its structures, functions and institutions.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: