REPORTS TO: Director of Hispanic Ministry
BROAD STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership and support for pastors, parish personnel and volunteers, and other institutions to promote youth and young adult ministry within the Hispanic community (Residents and Migrants)
• To promote the vision and collaborative ministry (pastoral de conjunto) proposed in the USCCB’s documents related to Hispanic Ministry.
• Implement the priority “Youth Ministry & Vocations” as detailed in the Diocese of Grand Rapids Plan Pastoral (2019).
• Provide direction for diocesan young adult ministry and support to parish young adult ministry leaders in collaboration with the office of family, youth and young adults
• Coordinate programs and initiatives such as Pascua Juvenil and Quince Años retreats and support parish staff and volunteers to promote these initiatives
• Coordinate programs and initiatives within the Hispanic community which promote and create spaces for vocational discernment especially discernment to the ordained priesthood and religious life
• Network with lay ecclesial movements which provide faith formation for youth and young adults (e.g. Escuela de Evangelización San Andrés)
• Implement the recommendations and directives which come from the V Encuentro summary document focused on youth ministry
• Assist in the recruitment, training and support of volunteers for programs and activities related to Hispanic Ministry.
• Degree or equivalent in areas related to Hispanic ministry, with emphasis on theological, religious, or pastoral studies.
• Practicing member of the Roman Catholic Church who supports the philosophy, values, doctrine and mission of the Catholic Church and that of the Diocese of Grand Rapids.
• Bilingual (Spanish-English) and have the ability to relate to and create bridges among Hispanics, mainstream and other ethnic communities.
• Knowledgeable regarding the structure, function, institutions and pastoral goals of the Catholic Church.
• Excellent written and verbal skills needed to produce materials, resources, and provide instruction at the diocesan and parish level
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with diocesan staff, clergy and the public in a positive manner.
• Resourcefulness, including a high degree of flexibility in order to achieve ministry objectives.
• Ability to provide accountability for activities, programs and leadership decisions under diverse constraints and pressures.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.