REPORTS TO: Director of Hispanic Ministry
BROAD STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership and support for pastors, parish personnel and volunteers, and other institutions to promote marriage and family ministry within the Hispanic community (Residents and Migrants)
• To promote the vision and collaborative ministry (pastoral de conjunto) proposed in the USCCB’s documents related to Hispanic Ministry.
• Provide direction for diocesan marriage preparation and advocate for the sacrament of Marriage in all its complexity within the Hispanic community
• Provide training and support for marriage and family pastoral leaders at parishes throughout the diocese in collaboration with the office of family, youth and young adults
• Provide training of parish staff and volunteers to enable support and accompaniment of newly married couples
• Coordinate programs and initiatives with lay ecclesial movements which support and strengthen marriage and family within the Hispanic community (e.g. Encuentro Matrimonial Catolico)
• Provide training and resources to parish staff to enable all couples in irregular circumstances to understand and seek full participation in the sacramental life of the Church
• Implement the recommendations and directives which come from the V Encuentro summary document focused on family ministry
• Assist in the recruitment, training and support of volunteers for programs and activities related to Hispanic Ministry.
• Degree or equivalent in areas related to Hispanic ministry, with emphasis on theological, religious, or pastoral studies.
• Practicing member of the Roman Catholic Church who supports the philosophy, values, doctrine and mission of the Catholic Church and that of the Diocese of Grand Rapids.
• Bilingual (Spanish-English) and have the ability to relate to and create bridges among Hispanics, mainstream and other ethnic communities.
• Knowledgeable regarding the structure, function, institutions and pastoral goals of the Catholic Church.
• Excellent written and verbal skills needed to produce materials, resources, and provide instruction at the diocesan and parish level
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with diocesan staff, clergy and the public in a positive manner.
• Resourcefulness, including a high degree of flexibility in order to achieve ministry objectives.
• Ability to provide accountability for activities, programs and leadership decisions under diverse constraints and pressures.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.