Catholic Central High School: Job Posting for Advancement Assistant
Hours: Part Time- approximately 25 hours/week, some evening and weekend hours
Founded in 1906, Catholic Central High School is the oldest co-educational diocesan Catholic high school in the nation. The administrators, faculty, and staff are dedicated to the highest academic standards and prepare men and women of faith to meet the future with moral values, Christian leadership, and service to family, Church and society. With an enrollment exceeding 600 students, Catholic Central draws students from the Greater Grand Rapids area to its campus centrally located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Scope of Position: This integral part-time position supports the mission of the Advancement Office by accurately entering and acknowledging gifts to Catholic Central and it’s Foundation and all administrative support to the Director and Associate Director of Advancement. This position reports to the Associate Director of Advancement.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for ensuring that all donations are accurately recorded in Raiser’s Edge (RE) database reflecting donor’s intentions
• Prepare all gift acknowledgement letters
• Collaborate with Associate Director of Advancement to establish best practices and standards for gift recording
• Responsible for database maintenance regarding donors, alumni, parents and any other constituencies as needed
• Administrative support for Director of Advancement and Associated Director of Advancement
• Minimum of an Associate Degree and 4 years customer service/office experience required
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other Development database required
• Must be organized, detail-oriented with strong project management skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have strong keyboarding, mail merge, and data query skills
• Must maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume, along with a diocesan application form located here to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 22, 2019.