Immaculate Heart of Mary (IHM) School is seeking 4th grade teacher beginning in the 2019-2020 school year.
Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a Catholic community that seeks to provide excellent spiritual and academic formation of well-rounded individuals centered in Jesus Christ. Christ is the center of our school, parish, community, and lives.
• Implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans for all children in the classroom that fit with the philosophy of Immaculate Heart of Mary
• Organizing each day’s activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group.
• Additionally, qualified applicants must be dependable, flexible, and able to maintain confidentiality.
General duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Helps build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities.
• Demonstrate effective planning skills by aiding in the preparation of lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and incorporate school curriculum and objectives in lesson plans.
• Organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
• Assist in the established and consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manager inappropriate behavior effectively.
• Help maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment
• At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
• Maintain confidentiality of information, display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
• Practicing Catholic living in accordance with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Proficient in written communication
• Expert in multitasking and problem solving
• Valid Michigan elementary teaching certificate
• An understanding of appropriate instructional strategies for elementary students
• Knowledge about utilizing and planning for effective instructional uses of technology
• An understanding of a “learning styles” approach to instruction and a respect for students’ multiple intelligences
• Knowledge of current curriculum as outlined by the Catholic Diocese
• A positive attitude, flexible nature and a good sense of humor
• An ability to work on and be a contributor to a highly professional team of teachers
• Genuine enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal skills
• Commitment to lifelong learning as demonstrated by attendance at seminars, in-services and training
Send Resume and Cover Letter, along with a diocesan employment application found here, to:
Michael Thomasma, Principal
Grand Rapids, MI 49506